Sunday, January 27, 2013

Juice Generation


Juice Generation - a Manhattan-based multi-site juice spot - has been around since 1999, but I somehow just heard about them last week! They offer juices, smoothies, soups, salads, and gluten-free baked goods at ten sites around NYC. I was near their W 4th St. location the other day and popped in for a drink and snack. 


I had the "Supa Dupa Greens"

It was, in fact, super green: 


I'm always wary of gluten-free baked goods - are they prepared around gluten products? Are they truly gluten-free? The staffer I asked said they were baked off-site in a GF facility. I was heartened to see that GF muffins were the ONLY option in the display case (i.e. no regular baked goods in there), so I went for it:

Banana and cocao muffin
It was good - moist, not too sweet, not too big. (For those who consider such things, it clocks in at a respectable 210 calories, according to their website.)

Bottom line: A great place to stop in for a light healthy GF snack. I'll be back.

Juice Generation has 10 sites across the city. See their website for details. 



No comments:

Post a Comment